Facials are an amazing way to feel relaxed and to take good care of your skin. They will leave your face feeling healthier, more radiant, and beautiful!
Have you ever thought of getting a facial but were not sure what steps were included? Facials are VERY important! Over 60% of people do not use the correct products for their skin type and do not take care of their face properly. Your esthetician will not only recommend which type of facial is best for your skin but will give you a professional recommondation on how to take care of your skin! They will also show you the way to the best products we carry by Dermalogica.
Here are the main STEPS of a facial appointment!
Facials are done by our licensed estheticians who have been trained in skincare, trained on our machines that help improve skin texture and tone, body waxing, and different skin and body services.
1. The Initial Consultation. We will discuss your skin type and give our best professional recommendation as to what you need for your skin. A facial's primary purpose is to keep your skin looking radiant, healthy, and fresh! It all starts by getting what is best for your own skin type.
2. Cleansing. Now this sounds so simple, yet many people do not even know how to properly cleanse their face. We make sure to give your skin a deep cleanse by washing your face and neck areas very thoroughly. Our estheticians use long smooth strokes to massage your face and neck areas. A proper cleanse is the most important part of your facial!
3.Steam. We use a profesional steamer that has very high heated steam to open up your pores on your skin and prepare them for the rest of your facial. This is the most relaxing part, I think, because it keeps you warm and it feels wonderful!
4. Exfoliation. This can be mechanical or a chemical exfoliation. We use scrubs or peels to penetrate to your skin and clean out excess dirt, oils, and other environmental factors that may be clogging your pores.
5. Extractions (if needed). Many times your skin will need extractions. These are ok to be done as long as a professional is doing it. This is wear pressure is placed on specific areas of your face to remove dirt, oils, or built in sebum that wouldn't come out during the cleansing or exfoliating.
6. Facial Mask. Certain facials we offer include deep penetrating masks. Each mask we offer is a concentrated dose of the treatment you need whether it is hydrating, clearing, firming, or calming. We place the mask on your skin and have you relax while the mask does its job.
7. At Home Maintenance Recommendations. Our staff will recommend the best facial products to maintain healthy, radiant, and beautiful skin! We do the best job to make your skin look as perfect as it possibly can, than it is up to you to maintain skincare at home!