5 WAYS TO PREVENT HAIR COLOR FROM FADING
Let's face it, hair color fades. I don't care if its the most permanent hair color on the market, we all experience it. Here are a few TIPS to prevent your hair color from fading.
1. KNOW YOUR COLOR/COLORIST. Know who is doing your color and what color you get. Are you getting permanent hair color re-freshed your ends with a high developer over and over? Do you use a semi-permanent that fades automatically within a month of shampooing? Make sure your colorist is KNOWLEDGEABLE and knows how to prevent fading. This way they won't be the one causing your hair color to fade.
2. USE THE RECOMMENDED SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER. Your colorist should ALWAYS reccommend shampoo and conditioner. Listen to them and take their advice. Not only will this help your color LAST, but also will keep your color VIBRANT!
3. LIMIT HOT WATER ON YOUR HAIR. Hot water will open the cuticle of your hair, which will make hair color fade out faster. Be sure to use a cooler temperature on your hair when shampooing and conditioning.
4. LIMIT SUNSHINE ON THOSE LOCKS. The sun will definitely fade your color. Even if the weather is cloudy and you think the sun isnt shining out there, it is. Be sure to wear a UV protection product in your hair and/or a hat.
5. PROTECT YOUR HAIR FROM THE CHLORINE. Swimmers beware: pool chemicals fade hair color tremendously. Be sure to load the conditioner on your hair before you swim and shampoo immediately after.