10. Be Realistic. Don't come in with fried, unhealthy hair and expect to leave looking like Kim Kardashian. Unless you're getting extensions that is :)
9. Be On Time. We truly TRY to always be on time or early for you. Most likely we will not be able to do all or any of your services. Have the mutual respect for us!
8. Trims DO matter! If you want your hair to look good and be healthy get on a regular, schedule basis for haircuts/hair trims. They DO matter and will make all of the difference in maintaing a good style and healthy hair, this is even 100x more important if you are growing out your hair.
7. Invest in your hair. If you're already at a top salon in Chicago (SALON ENVY CHICAGO), don't skimp on those locks because of the prices. Invest in a good shampoo, conditioner/mask, and products that will maintain the health and condition of your hair. Also, most of the time when you purchase at a salon it goes towards your stylists education fund, which in turn will benefit you, two for one!
6. If you're not happy, communicate. A little communication goes a LONG way with your hairdresser. Don't expect them to know what you want. Bring pictures! Sometimes just communicating (if there was a problem) will solve it and you will begin to develop a relationship with your hair dresser which will benefit YOU! You'll never see a woman with good hair that is a HAIR GYPSY. Be LOYAL.
5. Be healthy. This is very important. Be physically & emotionally healthy. This means to exercise, invest in YOURself, and eat healthy! Drink your water too! This will have a direct correlation with your hair, so if you want good hair, take good care of your body!
4. Tell your friends about us. This makes your friends happy and us happy, two for one! Referrals are the BEST clients!
3. Pre-book. We know it is hard, but this ensures you a time spot you want! Especially months before the holidays, book those appointments and keep them.
2. Don't SKIMP on your tools. Trust us for your hair tools, too! Make sure to consult with us before you purchase your blow-dryer or other tools! The grocery stores try to take over the hair industry. You should not buy your curling iron where you buy your broccoli. Let us help you.
1. BE OPEN! Be open to suggestions from your hairdresser, who is the professional. Sometimes it may be "OUT OF YOUR BOX", yet the best thing you have ever done!