We are here to answer all of those important questions you have about HAIR EXTENSIONS! Here at Salon Envy we offer Great Lengths Cold Fusion Hair Extensions, Tony Odishio & EuroSoCap Hair Extensions.
Hair Extensions are more popular now than they ever have been. Almost every celebrity you see in the magazines that has BEAUTIFUL hair, I hate to break it to you, is wearing hair extensions.
We put together the most common questions we get during our extension consultations and our answers.
Do hair extensions cause damage?
Hair Extensions are a cosmetic procedure and need to be applied and maintained properly to ensure that your application will not cause damage to your hair. It is very important to listen to your extension application professional and follow instructions properly. Every client has a different need, different application, & concerns that will be addressed to make sure that there will be no damage with their hair extension application.
(Information From Great Lengths USA Website)
1. Choose a long standing, high quality system of hair extensions such as Great Lengths.
2. The skill level of the stylist is crucial for a damage free hair application therefore ensure your hair stylist is a qualified hairdresser who also has been certified in the application of your chosen hair extensions. All Great Lengths extensionists have been trained and certified directly by the company who has the most rigid requirements for certification in the industry.
3. Complete a full consultation with your extensionist to ensure you and your hair are suitable for your chosen hair extensions. All Great Lengths extensionists are trained to complete consultations for their clients and will provide this service free of charge.
4. Carefully follow the aftercare regime to properly maintain your hair extensions. Great Lengths have a range of Aftercare products available and all Great Lengths extensionists will ensure you know how to maintain your hair extensions before you leave the salon.
5. Always go back to your salon for maintenance check appointments and if you experience any problems with your hair extension. Great Lengths extensionists will check your bonds, hair and scalp and help you to resolve any problems.
6. Never remove your hair extensions yourself. Always return to the salon to have your hair extensions professionally removed. Great Lengths extensionists have all been trained to remove the hair extensions using specially developed Great Lengths removal gel or removal solution.
How long do hair extensions last?
Hair Extensions can last up to 6 months if maintained properly with an average hair growth. This can vary depending on the clients lifestyle, speed of hair growth (if a clients hair grows very fast than less time is expected), and also how well the hair extensions are maintained. We have clients that wear hair extensions for 3-6 months. After 6 months, the average head of hair grows about 3 inches. When the hair extensions grow past 3 inches from the scalp they become hard to brush, maintain, and also hide while wearing certain hair styles.
How are the hair extensions applied?
There are many ways to add hair extensions. Hair extensions can be clipped, glued, sewn-in, clamped with micro-links, fused with keratin bonds, attached with ultrasonic vibration (cold fusion), and taped in. Here at Salon Envy we offer customized clip-in hair extensions, thermal fusion, & ultrasonic vibration cold fusion hair extension techniques.
Great Lengths patented protein polymer bond ensures a quick and simple application with an ultrasound system. Bonds are made from synthetic keratin mimicking the molecular structure of natural keratin found in human hair and maintaining a pH value of 5.5 to be compatible with your hair, scalp, and skin.
How do I take care of hair extensions?
Hair extensions become just like your natural hair and are very easy to maintain. That being said, there still is maintence that comes with any longer hair! With your set of Great Lengths Hair Extensions you will recieve a special brush and all of the information as to how to wash, condition, and blow-dry your hair extensions. The hair can be blow-dried, curled, flat ironed, and basically treated like your own!
Matt at Salon Envy -Euro So Cap Hair Extensions Application
Rachel at Salon Envy- Great Lengths Cold Fusion Hair Extension Application