Top 5 Tried and True Tips on How To Grow Your Hair.
How Can I Grow My Hair? How To Grow Your Hair LONG In One Year.
1. STOP with the hot tools. Go au natural..... Put that blow dryer and flat iron away. It is a tried and true tip the more you air dry, the healthier your hair will be. If you absolutely have to choose one or the other. If you blow dry, then use a Kerastase Thermique on your wet hair before you blow dry and make sure you use a VERY GOOD quality blow dryer. We recommend the SOLONO PROFESSIONAL DRYER (SOLD AT SALON ENVY). If you air dry and choose to use a hot iron of some sort, use Kerastase Serum Therapiste on your dry hair before you use the wand or flat iron.
2. Lighten up on the lightener. .:) No, that doesn't mean go lighter. STOP with the lightener. Stop highlighting and lightening of any sort. Deposit only color is your BEST bet to use the least amount of chemicals possible. Trust me, we LOOOOOOOVE hair color. BUT, if your goal is long healthy hair- give your hair the break and LET IT GROW!
3. Take care of your body. This may sound cliche, but your hair is a reflection of your inner health. Eat those fruits and veggies, get your sleep, take your vitamins, and DRINK ALOT OF WATER!!!!!! About those vitamins, take a multi and a HAIR, SKIN, AND NAIL VITAMIN. You can find these GEMS at any healthy food store. They are a compilation of the best vitamins for your hair, skin, and nails. These vitamins will make your hair STRONGER and HEALTHIER.
4. See a Stylist Regularly. I can't stress this point enough. Make sure you see your stylist OFTEN, as in at least every 12 weeks. A trim is an IMPERATIVE part of growing your hair out. Make sure your stylist is someone you can trust and is not SCISSOR happy. That may sound like a joke, but there are times where my clients tell me they have been "growing" their hair for 5 years. Okay, obviously somebody has been cutting everything that has been growing, if your hair is still at your shoulders.. :)
5. Use the products. The products that your stylist tells you to use are not just recommendations, they are essential. Especially, if you are dealing with damage, dryness, or weak hair. Get on a regime that your stylist sets you up with. This means shampoo, conditioner, treatments, and also the styling products.
Stick to these 5 tips on how to grow your hair long, and I will personally guarantee you at least 5-6 inches in one year :)
Rachel at Salon Envy