Why Does My Hair Color Fade?
Hair Color Fading Probs: 101
How to STOP Hair Color From Fading.
Top 5 Tips to Prevent Hair Color Fading.
1. Wait a minute! Take some time after your hair color service to wash your hair color out. We recommend MINIMUM 24 hours to wash and condition your hair, but the longer you wait, the better!
2. Turn down the heat! The warmer the water, the more the hair cuticle opens and the color molecule can slip out. Try washing your hair in room temperature water to prevent the cuticle from opening and keeping your hair color true to tone.
3. What you use DOES matter! Yes, it does matter what shampoo and conditioner you use. Now some products are very similar so it doesnt matter exactly which one, but read your ingredients. Stay away from the top "hair color fading" chemicals such as SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfates) and also high PH levels open the cuticle and cause the hair colot molecules to slip out just like hot water. We recommend Kevin Murphys Angel Wash & Rinse. Kevin Murphys Angel Wash & Rinse both will moisturize your hair without weighing it down, protects the hair & scalp, has a high concentration of natural ingredients, paraben free, & color safe.
4. Limit Heat use! Heat use will fade hair color. Hot blow dryers and hot irons. Turn the temperature down if possible on both and protect your hair with a thermal heat protector.
5. Protect your hair from the sun & the pools! Yes chlorine and the sun are the BIGGEST factors in hair color fading. Wear a hat when you can and use a spray leave-in treatment to protect the UVA/UVB rays from your hair color.